Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

On Thanksgiving day itself, Al and I really had no special plans. We just wanted to finish the painting the walls ...

Joey called before noon though and invited us to have dinner at their house. And go we did and were greeted with tableful of food that Shiela and Mamang cooked

- Turkey lettuce wrap, Sliced turkey, Pancit, Grilled salmon, Fresh veggies, chips and dip. I brought Chicken Teriyaki (and ingredients for Vietnamese noodles - which remained off the table since there was plenty of food already).

The "real" Thanksgiving celebration happened last Saturday though. We had friends and family over. They wrote out what they were grateful about in their lives. Then Tristan spoke about "The True Meaning of Thanksgiving".

Then it was chow-time! Since it was a pot-luck, we had plenty of gooood food! The only thing I regretted was that I was not able to truly taste the rest of the food too much because I stuck with the turkey :). I have to say I was mightly pleased with the turkey! (I will share you the greatest turkey recipe on earth on tomorrow's post!) I also concocted the cranberry (etc) iced tea and the gulaman (sans sago) drink which the guests loved :)

And of course, we had games! The kids enjoyed upstairs (courtesy of Ann and Shiela) while the adults laughed through 20 Questions and screamed lots during the 1, 2, 3 Pass card game.

And so, lest we forget what thanksgiving is really all about in the midst of all the food, games, fun and celebration... here's my list of what I am thankful for:

I am thankful for being alive, for having all my senses and my body is complete.

I am thankful for having lived a full life and seen a lot in this world.

I am thankful for family and friends who have colored my life.

But most of all, I am thankful to God who loves me, who is faithful even if I am not and who is always more than enough for me!


I know this post is a week late for Thanksgiving but Scripture does say to "give thanks in all circumstances" (1 Thessalonians 5:18) - not just on Thanksgiving day!

So, what are YOU thankful about?

0 ADD YOUR COMMENT!:

A Few of My Favorite Songs


  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP