Wednesday, August 20, 2008

105 Steps to Mt Bonnell

Another scenic place to check out in Austin... Mt Bonnell is the highest accessible peak in Austin. It overlooks a part of lake.

Not sure which lake it is - Town Lake? Lake Austin? Lake Travis? Oh wait, I'll check...

Ahh, Lake Austin. They're not really separate lakes - they're all part of the Colorado river that meanders through Austin. I guess they call them lakes because they are partitioned by dams? Maybe...




Anyhow, we were there at about 7:00 pm last Thursday and the stairs were covered with the shadow of the surrounding trees, so it was comfortable - not as hot as we thought. The climb (or should I say walk) was an easy 105 steps on a decent stairs, complete with handrail.

Great views of the lake, the houses on the lake and the city.


Best to come here with a picnic basket early in the morning!

2 ADD YOUR COMMENT!:

Rhea August 20, 2008 at 5:36 PM  

I lived in Austin for 19 years and just moved away last year. I miss it! I've been to the top of Mount Bonnell many times. LOVE it up there.

Thanks for visiting me on my SITS day Monday!

Rela Pantaleon August 20, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

It was actually our first time to go to the top. It was peaceful when we got up there; not much people - which is good. :) I'm sure Mt Bonnel becomes even better as the weather cools, right?

Anyway, we first heard of Mt Bonnell last June when we were here on my husband's interview. We took a 1.5 hours driven tour with the Austin Overtures and the tour guide described the places. So we became curious what it looked like up there.

Good place to show off Austin :)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP