Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mango Poblano Chile Quesadillas

Yvonne and I ate at Hula Hut a couple of weeks back. I ordered the Mango Poblano Chile Quesadillas based on her recommendation. Here's a photo of that:


Her cousin thought that the item was odd tasting and that "You Austinites are really weird" or something to that effect. Well, I'm just a transplant but I think it was quite interesting - in a good way. I thought it was like a crepe.

So, I tried it at home and I still liked it. Here is the recipe to make 3 large servings (about 300 calories each)...

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 Fresh mango, diced
1/2 Poblano chile, diced
Cream cheese - 2tbsp per wrap
Tortilla wrap (I used the Jalapeno Cheddar (yellow) and the Garden Spinach Herb (green) flavors)



DIRECTIONS:
• Just spread the cream cheese on the tortilla wrap.
• Add a third of the diced fresh mango and a third of the poblano chile. Press down the mango and chile gently just enough for them to "embed" to the cream cheese.
• You can eat it directly without all of those other preparations!
- If you want a crispy wrap, you can put the wrap on flat pan and heat it up for a few minutes. (Spray oil optional.)
- If you want the poblano chile to be softer, you can cook pan fry it first before using them.



If you want it to be more savory, use the yellow Jalapeno Cheddar wrap. If you want it to be more neutral-tasting, use the Green Spinach Herb. You can also use the plain tortillas, too!

Try it and let me know how yours went!

0 ADD YOUR COMMENT!:

A Few of My Favorite Songs


  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP