Saturday, October 4, 2008

"My Husband Rocks" Friday - 2008.40


This is starting to become MHR Saturdays instead of Fridays! Oh well, in this case it is better late than never... :)

Anyway...

Al rocks because he talks ... a lot. And I am not referring small talk here since he does not feel at ease with that. And I am not referring to loud talk too - you know, the ones where the boys usually get to talk and laugh loud about sports, cars and stuff. No... not those kind of talking...


I'm referring to talking to me, the wife.

When Al gets home, he just needs a quick opening like "How was your day?" or sometimes, he does not even need an opening! He would enthusiastically start talking about what he thinks about Richard Curley's Homeward Bound or Hank Hanegraaf's The Bible Answerman radio talk shows for the day. Then he goes about his work day - the highlights and the challenges. He's usually hungry too, so if I have dinner prepared already, then we continue to talk into dinner and even after that.

When we have something "important and serious" to talk about, I just ask him when we can do that so that he is conditioned. I think he likes having those "scheduled" rather than spontaneous since he then does not need to shift focus on whatever he was into. He then knows also that when that "schedule" comes, that is when he needs to focus on such "important and serious" subject. (BTW, when we were still not married, I think he would feel uncomfortable when we schedule this kind of talk. Perhaps, he feels "safer" now???)

One topic that needs no scheduling though is DREAMS... You know, the "what I want to be/do when I grow up" kinda talk. (NOT the "when I sleep, I have this dream" type.) We both like that. (And did I mention that we are both Dreamers???)

Anyway... So sometimes, when I hear jokes about men not talking ... I draw a blank because the one I got - he talks. A lot!

And I love it!

That is why My Husband Rocks!

I am just soooo grateful for having a communicative husband. :)

.....

How about you? Why  does your husband rock?  Join us as we focus on our husband's (or husband, or husband-to-be,  or wife-to-be) strengths and potentials.  Write about it and go link to Katy Lin's blog on the latest "My Husband Rocks" Friday post. 

Have a great week-end!


0 ADD YOUR COMMENT!:

A Few of My Favorite Songs


  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP