Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pancit de Miki

Al and his officemates planned to have a pot luck lunch last Tuesday. He asked me (I think perfunctorily) if I could make pancit. Sure, I said, I will make the pancit bihon (rice noodles) because I have been successful with it recently.

Then he said, how about the pancit canton (yellow egg noodles)? Well... I have had no success on that so far. So, it was Mamang Luisa who "got the job".

Here's her recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
1/2# chicken breast or pork
1/2# shrimp
salt to taste (if needed)

1/4 cup oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup onion, diced

1/4 cup soy sauce
6 cups water or chicken broth
/4 tsp pepper powder

1# yellow egg noodles or miki (TTC brand. Made in the Philippines!)

1 cup carrot strips (matchsticks)
1 bokchoy/pechay or 1/4 head cabbage
1/4 cup red or green bell pepper

green onions


DIRECTIONS:
1. Boil chicken breast (remove all fats) and shrimp for 10 minutes in 6 cups of water. Add a pinch of salt.

2. Cut chicken into cubes or strips. Save the broth for later.

3. Heat the oil. Saute the onion and garlic with the chicken and shrimp.

4. Add the soy sauce, water/broth and powdered pepper. Boil for 5 minutes.

5. Add the carrots. Cook for 2 minutes.

6. Add the yellow noodles, bokchoy/pechay, or cabbage, bell pepper. Cover and boil for 3 minutes.

7. Stir. Cook for another 3 minutes without cover.

8. Garnish with green onions.


Anyhow, Al also brought biko (sweet rice).


His officemates brought a lot of food also so lunch turned out to be an international food-fest! Yummy!!!

UPDATE: I entered this recipe to the same contest I entered the Lumpia - The Saucy Eats. I hope either the Pancit or the Lumpia gets to the "finals". Hehehe.
Saucy Eats:


4 ADD YOUR COMMENT!:

Anonymous,  August 20, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

nakakagutom naman... pancit & biko look yummy! you should have made your famous lumpia =D

Rela Pantaleon August 20, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

I was just glad I got out of having to cook!

Tracy P. August 22, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

Hi Rela! So glad you came to MN with BATW! I was so excited to meet a Filipina--one of the places I lived for two years was Davao City. And I LOVE pancit bihon and lumpia! My mouth is watering right now. Wish you didn't live so far away! Blessings to you!

Rela Pantaleon August 22, 2008 at 10:13 AM  

Hi Tracy!

Welcome to my blog! Thanks for visiting!

I'm guessing you must be on missions then? What year were you there? Which groups did you get involved with? questions, questions, questions :)

Anyway, when you come visit (that is, physically; not just BATW) Austin, let me know and I will cook up a storm for you :)

Have a great weekend! God bless you too!

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP