Monday, September 8, 2008

I Voted for the Winner!

Hey, remember the recipe contest about a week and a half ago? Justine who submitted Garlic Spinach Bowtie Pasta won!

I voted for her recipe in the Finals because it sounded easy to prepare and it is meatless too!

So I tried it last Sunday, and here is what it looks like:


The photo does not do justice to it!

It was sooo yummy... it's officially a 2-thumbs up, husband-approved recipe! And since I put a lot of garlic powder on my plate, I still had garlic breath till the next day! That's the only drawback :(

The modifications I did to Justine's recipe are to use:
- 2 tbsp canola oil (instead of 1 cup olive oil)
- canned mushroom (instead of fresh), and it still was watery. I also sauted it first before the spinach.
- 1 pound (!!!) of spinach, and we still have extra pasta even after finishing all the spinach!

Try it, it's soooo gooooddd!

2 ADD YOUR COMMENT!:

Justine September 9, 2008 at 6:16 AM  

I'm so glad you liked it, but I don't know how it wasn't totally dry with only 2 TBL of canola oil. And it wasn't cooking oil I used, but Olive oil. Much healthier for you! I'm Italian, we always go overboard with oil! LOL

Justine :o )

Rela Pantaleon September 9, 2008 at 9:03 AM  

You are sooo right, Justine. I was thinking olive oil but somehow I wrote cooking oil.

Let me go back and edit that...

A Few of My Favorite Songs


  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP