Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Before Fall Arrives...

The last 2 nights have been nice cool evenings at about 70F. According to Mr Weatherman, the temperatures were going to be as low as 59F.

So I thought before Fall is officially ushered in next Monday 9/22, I'd like to share the pretty flowers I took pictures on throughout the summer. (Asterisk * after the flower name denotes that the flower can be found in the Philippines, too. At least, as far as I know.)

Crape Myrtle* (Arboreteum)


Lantana* (HighPointe)

Orchid* (San Antonio Botanical Garden)

Texas Sage
(HighPointe)

Plumbago (HighPointe) - I am guessing the flower name here...

Esperanza (Hula Hut) - this is the same flower plant that Al got us for our anniversary last June.

'Katie' Ruellia (HighPointe)

Cherry or Penstemon Sage (HighPointe) - Hummingbirds love these!

I don't know what this is... (San Antonio Botanical Garden)

Dahlia* (Econolodge, San Antonio)

Weed flowers (our backyard :) ) - flowers are about 5 mm.

Anyhow, my favorites flower is still the spring tulips... I miss the ones I planted in Boise. So I bought a bag of tulips from Costco for planting this fall. Let's see how it does in the Texas hill country's alkalinic soil!

8 ADD YOUR COMMENT!:

Rela Pantaleon September 17, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

Do we have plumbago in the Philippines?

Also, if you know the counterpart names in the Philippines for those that we have there, can you add it here, too?

Thanks!

Unknown September 17, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

What great photos, love the flowers!

Lady Prism September 18, 2008 at 3:17 AM  

My goodness, those are absolutely adorable flowers! I can almost smell the scent of your air over there. Lovely.

And thank you for visiting my bloggy' sometime the past week or so :>

Joy September 18, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

The flower pictures are beautiful. Fall gardening is great in Texas. I'm trying to grow some beans, but Ike kind of beat them down. Don't know if they will make it. Good luck with the bulbs. I've never tried them here in Texas. We had tulips in our yard in Alabama, but the previous owner put them there not me. They came back every spring. Thanks for checking on me during the Hurricane.

Rela Pantaleon September 19, 2008 at 12:28 AM  

I do hope the tulips make it! Alabama is a bit higher than Austin but I hope Austin is cold enough for the bulbs to get their needed good freeze!

Domestic Executive September 19, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

Thanks for stopping by New Zealand on the BATW tour. Your pictures are fantastic. Love the story about your husband too.

A Few of My Favorite Songs


  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP