Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Grandparents Day!

The only way I learned about today being Grandparents Day was through the Restaurant.com coupons.

Anyhow, Happy Grandparents' Day to Daddy Ely and Mamang Luisa!


Left to right: Daddy Ely, the prized Camotes (hahaha), Mamang Luisa. Camote, or climbing potato, is used as an ornamental plant here in the US. Back in the Philippines, we eat the leaves and shoots. Those are rare here in the Austin Asian stores, I wonder why...

Anyhow, Daddy Ely bought one of those ornamental camote and have started planting them in pots in the backyard. Will post something on that later. Meanwhile, I hope they thrive.

I wonder if they can withstand the winter or not. Would it needed to be replanted in the spring? Do the pots need to be brought inside during the winter? Lots of questions. I'm sure will get to the answers when we need them. :)

Meanwhile, Happy Grandparents Day to all the grandpas and grandmas out there, too!

0 ADD YOUR COMMENT!:

A Few of My Favorite Songs


  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP