Monday, September 8, 2008

While Strolling in the Mall...



I rarely go to the mall. Saturday was one of those rare times. As I was strolling around, I noticed a couple of things that I thought were "blog-worthy".

1. EARS at SEARS


Is Sears really suffering financially that they can't fix it soon enough?

That "S" needs to get right back there...lest people think they are selling EARS in SEARS!


2. Monique Lhuiller
Ms Lhuiller from the Philippines has come a long way... After conquering the wedding gown industry, she's diversifying into other fashionable things that Kate Spade is known for:


And here is Ms Lhuiller's line of "quality tableware, crystal, glassware and giftware":


As part of my "research" for this post, I googled Ms Lhuiller and apparently she started this tableware, etc line as of October 2007. And not only that, she also opened a salon in LA in the same month with "stars" in the opening day. And that just showed how updated I am in this kind of things. :) But that is alright, these are not really the things that matter to me. I was just happy for the success of a Filipina like Ms Lhuiller in the international scene.


3. Nordstrom
I cannot remember having been in a Nordstrom before aside from Nordstrom's Rack in AZ in the early 90's (Marie, this was with you!). I really cannot remember now because I confuse Nordstrom to Neiman Marcus, just because they both start with the letter N and perhaps because malls are not my thing. I might have or I might have been on one. I don't know.

Anyway, I did go inside Nordstrom and let me just say that the layout and ambiance was interesting. Not a lot of dividing walls - the whole store was wide open. Meanwhile, the boundary walls were dark and the decor flashy, yet subdued. Oxymoron? Maybe. But that's the impression I got. Go figure. Maybe I should take note of the details the next time I go. Whenever that will be.

Those were what I noticed while strolling in the mall.

How about you? Saw anything interesting?

5 ADD YOUR COMMENT!:

Ronnica September 8, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

It makes you wonder what happened to that S. Did it fall on a customer? Did it go on strike? Did teenagers steal it as a prank?

Aunt Julie September 8, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

LOVE the Ears at Sears! Nordy's is my favorite store--although I can't usually afford anything they carry, I love just window shopping and nosing around their different displays. I ESPECIALLY love the shoe department. I've never SEEN so many pairs of shoes in one place!

Rela Pantaleon September 9, 2008 at 12:29 AM  

Hi Ronnica - it could be anything...

veggie mom - now I am curious to go look Nordstrom more closely...

Breanne September 9, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

Too funny. Bordstroms is my fav too. They have the BEST customer service. Stopping by on BATW.

anjalimehtus March 7, 2017 at 12:18 PM  


India's finest decorative arts for luxury home furniture and interiors. Our collection is custom created for you by our experts. we have a tendency to bring the world's best to our doorstep. modular kitchen designs bangalorewelfurn is leading Interior design company that gives exquisite styles excellence in producing and Quality standards. will give door-step delivery and can complete the installation at your home.

A Few of My Favorite Songs


  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP