Monday, June 9, 2008

5th Anniversary



Has it been a year since I first blogged? Has it really been 5 years of marriage already??? Wow... time really flies when you are having fun!!!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

One of the reason I love special occassions is that it gives me a reason to buy nice greeting cards. (Although I admit, I buy them even without an occasion.)

I love Dayspring cards because they take the words from my mouth. Read them for yourselves!

From Al:


From Rela:


Walmart does carry a few of the Dayspring cards. Family Christian Bookstore carries a more extensive collection of Dayspring cards, though.
Search Cards At FamilyChristian.com


Meanwhile, I didn't expect much for an anniversary gift. Really. Any token would be good - sub-$10 or sub-$20 stuff works for me like the things I have in my wish list. But no token is not good (but that is another story!).

Well, I got more than what I expected!


I gave Al a gift certificate for an Introduction to Kayaking and a flotation vest to go with it. I thought he needed some form of exercise while enjoying what Austin had to offer, so that was what I came up with.

As for Al, he furnished the master's bedroom patio - complete with 2 outdoors chairs with 2 ottomans and 1 small middle table, an outdoors rug, 1 beautiful Esperanza plant (with yellow flowers) and 3 Gardenia plants (or what we call Rosal in the Philippines)!

That area has become another oasis for me early in the morning or late in the afternoon. The warm breeze, comfy chairs and privacy are perfect! Our Esperanza has gotten it's first hummingbird visit already!

This is now my new favorite anniversary gift!!! So how about you? What is your favorite anniversary gift?

2 ADD YOUR COMMENT!:

pracso June 16, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

That's gift-giving with a heart, a soul and a brain! Congratulations to you both.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP