Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!



I'm dedicating these songs to the dear fathers in my life. I hope you can identify with at least one of them:



For my Dad - Song for my Father:

This is dedicated to my Dad who was into big bands and dance music. My Dad would play this kind of music whenever, but mostly during long drives with the speakers blaring!

My favorite time though is during random evenings when they would turn on the salsa music and my Dad and Mang would start dancing. Dad would have this funny facial expression (with closed eyes sometimes!) savoring the dance music while dancing, while Mang would be daintily dancing across him. Before we knew it, we, the kids, would be dancing with them! Great memories!!!


For Al's Daddy - Just A Closer Walk:

This is Daddy Eli's favorite song. It is one of mine, too. It is a beautiful, sonorous song which has been recorded over 500 times by various artists like Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan, Louie Armstrong and even the Veggie Tales! This version is from Willie Nelson and Patsy Cline.

Perhaps the large attraction aside from the catchy, folksy tune is the raw honest desire and plea to walk daily with Jesus. Whoever the singer is, it is a song with an enduring truth - I am weak and Thou art strong!


For Al, father of 2 babies in heaven - The Warrior is a Child:

This is for my dear husband - strong and brave, yet tender and gentle! Indeed, just like what this song sings - "even soldiers need a quiet place to rest". Where else? In God.


For my Almighty Father and for all fathers! - I Want To Be Just Like You:

This song is a prayer of a father whose little boy wants to be like him (when he grows up). What son or child, at least for one time or another, does not think his father is not a hero?

Fatherhood is, therefore, a great responsibility. In your own human wisdom and strength, you try to be the best father. Be encouraged though because there is an ultimate Father who shows you His wisdom and strength so you can learn "from the best Father of them all". Do you know Him?

God, of course. He is our Abba, Father, our "LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness".


Happy Father's Day once again!

I'd love to hear
- what songs you'd like to dedicate to your father or
- how you chose to honor your father today or
- what memories of your father you'd like to share or
- anything about your father!

0 ADD YOUR COMMENT!:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP