Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Are You Shocked by the Gas Price?

This is the gas price last week!


This is nearly the gas price when we first moved to Boise in 2003. Woohoo! I wonder if everything else will have a price roll back??? Or is that wishful thinking?

Anyhow two months ago... Kuna, the Honda Pilot, required $60 to fill its tank. Although I saw the gas price sign before I went into the gas station last week, I was still pleasantly shocked when I heard the pump stop at $27!!! (I guess I didn't do the math…)

Low gas price is good. I hope it stays that way. Lower to the sub-$1 level is even better and I told Al that I would buy him "something" if it does go down to that level. Hehehe ...

For a while last week, we let our guards down and used Kuna a lot without any hesitation. But eventually, we just naturally gravitated back to using the small car.

No point in unnecessarily spending more for gas even if the gas price is low (this time). After all, it gets us from point A to point B safely and comfortably as well.

How has the gas price affected your driving habits and car purchase plans?

3 ADD YOUR COMMENT!:

Joy December 2, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

Hi Rela:
I'm still driving my gas guzzler. It's an 04 and its been PAID FOR. So that definitely factors in. I'm keeping it. When gas was really high I stayed home a lot more. Now I'm venturing out some. I've got to get some Christmas shopping done eventually.

I'll look forward to that Turkey recipe. :)


Joy

pracso December 2, 2008 at 9:30 PM  

here in the philippines, gas prices soared to PhP52 a couple of months ago. there were visibly less cars on the road then. now, it is in the vicinity of PhP36 and with the yuletide shopping, daytime traffic has become a nightmare!

Gramma 2 Many December 3, 2008 at 12:46 AM  

I filled my van for less than $30.00 today. I still had 1/4 of a tank when I filled up but it still was far less than I had been paying. I think at the height of the gas glut I was paying about $75.00 to fill my car. A 2002 Dodge Van.
Thanks for following my Africa trip and your encouragement. I think I am mostly finished posting about it. I do have a story I still want to share but not this week.

A Few of My Favorite Songs


  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP