Monday, December 1, 2008

Project: Wall Painting

That is my perfect alibi for not blogging the whole week! And I do have proof for it. :) This is us in action as we painted one of the Living Room walls in dark brown (Homestead Brown by Sherwin Williams paints).

(Except the last photo in the lower right corner of the above collage, all these photos were taken in the evening, so the contrast shows well.)

We are becoming "more adventurous" in selecting colors for the wall. Yes, it is still brown… but it is darker shade of brown, unlike the light browns that we used extensively in the Masters Bedroom and Dining Room, and previously in the Boise house.

Al and I finished painting the walls of ...

The Living Room,

The Breakfast Nook,

Some parts of the Kitchen,

And some parts of the Foyer. This is currently my favorite spot that we painted:

And even Kiti and Kiti's wall had a makeover! :)

It felt very good to have accomplished the wall painting!

Moreover, this house is no longer 1 big box or a warehouse. This house now feels warmer, cozier and more comfy. Amazing what colors can do, huh?

I realize though that the photos do not do justice to the paint/color. I took the photos per room in the morning versus most of the photos that in the collage were taken at night. Perhaps if you look back at the photos again and contrast it to the very white baseboard, then you can imagine what the big box looked like previously. :)

How about you? What wall paint colors turned out well in what room of your house?

4 ADD YOUR COMMENT!:

pracso December 1, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

must be lots of fun painting! any other splashes of red aside from the one in the painting?

surprised to see kiti and kiti. finally, may aquarium na para di na sila ma-hydro-shock! hehehe...

looking forward to feb 3 in austin. will have my photo in every wall and corner of the house... ceiling even, if possible.

good job!!!

Rela Pantaleon December 1, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

Thank you, thank you, thank you... bow...

Al has great plans for your vacation time here... hehehe... decorate our house!

Those are Kiti and Kiti, the third (batch!)

Joy December 2, 2008 at 9:37 PM  

I love that wall in the foyer. The colors you have picked are beautiful.
My house is more gold-toned I guess you can call it. My husband thinks its too gold.
I have Sherwin Williams Restrained Gold and another gold name that I can't think of the name off hand, but its right next to it on the card.
My bedroom is painted an older Sherwin Williams color Dhurrie Beige. It's a really nice beige and it doesn't have any pink tones to it all. It's a calm color and I like it in our bedroom.
Keep up the redecorating. It's looking good!

paint color guy April 19, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

You did a great job! How I wish i could repaint my wall the same as you do. Oh well, I'll be giving it a try.

A Few of My Favorite Songs


  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP